Friday, January 20, 2006

Notes from the Road - Witchita Falls & Kerrvile, TX


Before performing with Odetta on Monday the 16th, I spent several days on the road. Friday night I played a full concert at the Kemp Performing Arts Center in Wichita Falls. It was a very pleasing evening and my friend, Dr. Hull, a guitarist and musician and accomplished doc in his hometown was a great host and a very talented producer of the show. My friends at KCCU-FM, the public radio affiliate for north Texas that airs WoodSongs, came out to the show we had a fine visit. The hall was full, the audience sang and was memorable.

The next day, I traveled about 7 hours to Kerrville for a concert there.

Again, full house, wonderful music lovers and my hosts for the evening, Marty and Paula Reynolds, could not have been friendlier and more encouraging. I hope WoodSongs makes it on the air in the Kerrville area, maybe KUT or the NPR station in San Antonio. It made me miss my days when I lived in Laredo. Gosh, the food is indescribable!

I flew back to Lexington, did a TV interview for some PBS stations then had dinner with Odetta. By Monday, I was cooked but very happy. Folks often comment that I don't have enough pics on the website or on my CDs. believe it or not, I hate posing for the camera. Paula emailed me this shot she took at the post-show gathering.
Folk On!

MJ

No comments: